This’s pertain to provide for the implementation of the fourth tranche of the modified salary schedule which covers the “uniformed personnel under the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG)” which the National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) are responsible for the administration and control of the Philippine National Police (PNP) under the office of the President of the Republic.
As a result of the Joint Resolution and the implementation of the fourth tranche of the modified salary scheduled, the following are the BASE PAY of all Personnel of the Philippine National Police (PNP) uniformed personnel.
Seven (7) Different Type of PNP Wages and Pay
1. Base Pay- It is a fixed amount received by the uniform PNP personnel on a monthly basis.
2. Longevity Pay- Uniformed personnel of the department shall be entitled to a longevity pay of ten percent (10%) of their basic monthly salaries for every five (5) years of service
3. Regular Allowances – It is an allowance given to all uniformed PNP members to defray the cost of their daily regular meals amounting to Php150.00 per day or Php4,500 per month.
Five (5) different type of allowances
A. Quarter Allowance- It is an allowance given to officers and non-officers who are not provided with living quarters, housing PNP units or living quarters through the auspices of the PNP where their families can be accommodated. Those who have obtained any housing units/living quarters automatically forfeit their entitlement to this allowance in favor of the PNP Housing Board (Ref: NAPOLCOM Resolution 91-18).
B. Regular Subsistence Allowance – These are allowances given regularly and are common to all uniformed PNP members in addition to the basic salary (Ref: Section 71 of RA 6975).
C. Clothing Allowance- It is an allowance given to cover the cost of maintaining uniforms that PNP members must wear daily. This is paid at the rate of P200.00 per month for both officers and non-officers (Ref: NAPOLCOM Resolution 91-18).
D. Hazard Pay- It is an allowance given as basic occupational hazard pay considering law enforcement being a hazardous occupation. The Hazard Pay of all uniformed personnel, the fixed amount is now at P540.00 per month. (Ref: NAPOLCOM Resolution 91-18).
E. Laundry Allowance – It is an allowance intended to defray the laundry costs of PNP uniformed personnel whose frequent appearances in public affairs or frequent attendance at ceremonies and assignment to units/activities require the wearing of a presentable uniform at all times with the following rates (Ref: Office of the President Memorandum dated August 28, 1997):
A. Officer— P60.00 per month, paid monthly
B. Non-Officer — P30.00 per month, paid monthly
4. Gratuity – It is granted to any awardee of the Medal of Valor. The awardee shall receive a monthly gratuity of twenty thousand pesos (Php20,000.00) (Ref: Circular No. 2001-010).
5. Collateral Pay and Allowances – An additional subsistence allowances over and above the regular Subsistence allowance of PNP uniformed personnel representing the daily meals given during confinement in PNP Hospitals and/or dispensaries
A. Hospital Subsistence Allowance.
B. CDC Subsistence Allowance.
C. Training Subsistence Allowance.
D. Combat Duty Pay.
E. Combat Incentive Pay.
F. Hazardous Duty Pay.
G. Radiation Hazard Pay.
H. Incentive Pay.
I. Procedures of Payment:
J. Specialist Pay.
K. Flying Pay.
L. CAPCON Incentive Pay.
M. Special Clothing Allowance.
N. Cold Weather Clothing Allowance.
O. Winter Clothing Allowance.
P. Initial Clothing Allowance.
Q. Replacement Clothing Allowance.
R. Hardship Allowance
S. Burial Allowance
6. Other Financial Benefits – Financial benefits that are given by the government to all PNP and uniformed and non-uniformed personnel.
A. Anniversary Bonus.
B. Mid-Year (13th Month) Bonus
C. Year-End (14th Month) Bonus
D. Enhanced Performance Based Bonus
E. Productivity Enhancement Incentive
F. Officers’ Allowance
G. Provisional Allowance
H. Provisional pay
7. Rice Subsidy – It is a fixed amount estimate of 650 pesos rice allowance given by the PNP Finance and receives by the uniform PNP personnel on a monthly basis.
Courtesy / Source: Philippine National Police Primer